Problem with nuforce icon mobile
Jan 15, 2009 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

myk7000

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just got the nuforce icon mobile. sounds great with my d2000s.

However, there seems to be a pretty big problem.
I've researched quite a bit about it but maybe someone here has had a similar experience.

Basically I get these crackling sounds every time i surf the web or do pretty much anything on this computer (scroll email, blow up pictures, etc). I tried removing other usb slots, i tried pretty much everything and then i finally disconnected my computer from its power supply and ran it on battery power.

It worked! However this obviously isn't a long term solution for listening on this amp. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do?

Btw im on a dell e1505 laptop.

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 6
u might get it RMAed. Mine had a slight problem with crackling sounds whenever i moved it around. Thought it was a loose wire at first but nothing seemed loose when i removed the cover.

Kudos to Casey and Jason at Nuforce for being really helpful! thanks!

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk7000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basically I get these crackling sounds every time i surf the web or do pretty much anything on this computer (scroll email, blow up pictures, etc). I tried removing other usb slots, i tried pretty much everything and then i finally disconnected my computer from its power supply and ran it on battery power.

I get the same thing on both of my HP desktops at work -- I'll have to try it on my kids 2 HP laptops at home. Mine is a humming rumble that is not dependent on the speaker volume level, and is louder when I scroll via mouse or keyboard. I can drown it out easily playing music even at a low volume in my media player -- but I can't unplug my desktop, so I'm sort of stuck with it.

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 6
I have this problem on my home pc as well. its not the device though, it was the PCI latency of my PC. I constantly hear pops and clicks and skips as my computer can not send the data fast enough.

Doing some research i found out that my motherboard chipset, the nForce4 is plagued by PCI latency problems and there really is no way to fix it.

It works flawlessly on my work computer though so i still can use the DAC until I get a new PC.

Jan 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Anyone know a solution?
I have a feeling it is due to my graphics card taking up too much power from the computer since its the X1400 ATI Radeon and it runs on hypermemory.

Is there anyway so that there is enough power going to the nuforce?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back