Problem with my Sennheiser Momentum's
Dec 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Fluffy Kittens

New Head-Fier
Is it normal for the stitching to be very, very uneven on the case? Also, the leather is ruffled like crazy on one side of the earcup and smooth on the other side.

I am wondering if I should return these to Sennheiser. Mine might just be defective. If it is usuall for them to be like this then I will just live without symmetry. They sound outstanding, though.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 13
Post some picks so we can tell you what we think because there's normal uneven and there's the other kind.

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 13
Maybe. In reply window, click on the icon that looks like two mountains with the sun in the corner, and try to upload your pics.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 13
I wouldn't have thought anything's wrong if you hadn't mentioned it. But I don't own it myself, so I think you should get more opinions.

If it's affecting the tightness of the seal that the pad is supposed to make round your ears, it will negatively affect the sound. In that case, you should undoubtedly exchange it.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 13
It doesn't appear to affect the sound. I am probably being too OCD, but I expect perfection from $350 headphones.

I understand that, especially given the price. But leather's a natural material, so expect some variation.

You should still try to obtain the opinion of someone who owns it. If no one responds here, post your question and pics to the Momentum thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/647474/sennheiser-momentum-appreciation-thread) and explain that you're sorry to bother them but you could use their help.

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 13
With my sennheiser momentum it seems one pad is softer compared to the other. It kinda annoys me. I'd say as long as longevity, comfort or sound isn't compromised I wouldn't exchange personally.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 13
The top headband also has a pointy stitch that sticks out.

Why would Sennheiser sacrifice the quality of their products by making them in China? Why not build all but their cheapest products in Ireland or Germany? My HD-280's are built in Ireland; why can't my Mommentum's?

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #11 of 13
The top headband also has a pointy stitch that sticks out.

Why would Sennheiser sacrifice the quality of their products by making them in China? Why not build all but their cheapest products in Ireland or Germany? My HD-280's are built in Ireland; why can't my Mommentum's?

I was pretty dissappointed when I found out as well, yet the build is acceptable for me and with my pair. AKG and many other companies are doing the same.. Now the k7xx line is produced in China as well. What a shame!

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #12 of 13
I was pretty dissappointed when I found out as well, yet the build is acceptable for me and with my pair. AKG and many other companies are doing the same.. Now the k7xx line is produced in China as well. What a shame!

Of course I agree with you. I read that about Q701. Are you sure it's true about K70x too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back