Problem with my Schiit stack
Feb 7, 2019 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hakka

Head-Fier
I have a Schiit Modi3, Magni3 and Loki eq.

I'm having an issue where the volume in the right channel gradually decreases, like some one is turning a balance knob, sometimes it goes out completely, other times it's reduced enough to shift the image to the left.

Unplugging and reinserting the headphone cable from the Magni 3 fixes the issue. I can't find any way to trigger the problem, it can happen 3 or 4 times in the space of a few hours or it might run perfectly for a week.

I've contacted the Australian distributor about the problem and they said send it in and they will test it. My concern is that the problem wont appear in their test.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can document this problem, (I have a multimeter but obviously I can't open the unit up without voiding my warranty) or any ideas on what could be causing it?

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 3
Does the same thing happen with the Loki out of the stack? Have you tried with different headphones?

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, tried 2 headphones, tried removing the loki, tried reversing the l/r rcas into the magni, tried reversing the l/r cables into the headphones. The problem always stays with the right channel of the magni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back