Problem with my new Customs
Mar 22, 2011 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vincent199188

Head-Fier
I need help!! Or rather some answers..

I recently just sent my tf10 for a custom reshell at Rooth..
After few weeks later, Rooth informed me that the dual bass driver of the right side of my tf10 is 4db lesser than my left one..

They recommended me to change but I decided not to as I want to hear if I can hear any difference..

Yesterday I just received my reshelled tf10.. I listened carefully and I realized that the volume of the right side is softer compared to my left.. and the fitting of the right side is not as fitting as the left.. The bass on the right is not as deep as the left and the "punchy" power is also weaker on the right..

I do not know if I'm thinking too much/being paranoid..

The question is..
Is 4db difference considered a big difference that it could be easily audible?

Does the dual bass drivers affect the volume of my reshelled tf10?

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 6
if it's bothering you, change it.
if it were me, i would change it. the small difference will slowly escalate into a very obvious, big problem, since you know it's there.

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 6
alright! but im just wondering if the dual bass drivers will affect the volume of the iem... or izzit the fit that affects the volume?

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Anyone?? ??

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks labrat.. The information u provided is great!! I guess I should have changed the drivers in the first place.. I kept telling myself it's the seal that causes the volume difference.. I guess I'm wrong..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back