Problem with my iPod's battery life
Sep 5, 2007 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everyone. I want an expert opinion. I am using my iMod 5Generation with a corda move amp. I am only getting about 6 hours of playback using it. I have recently (2 weeks ago replaced the battery with Apple) and I was never familiar with the iMod's battery life before this.

Please Note: I believe the iMod should extend the battery life and I don't think this problem has anything to do with it being an iMod rather than iPod. The reason I think the iMod would extend the battery life is because rather than using the headphone jack and the volume control, I keep the volume completely off and play music though the line out at the bottom. I figure this would extend the battery life.

So for all intents and purposes please treat this situation as if it were an iPod and not an iMod....

I encode my music at 192 vbr aac. My brightness is all the way down and I have the backlight timer on 2 seconds. If the volume control is all the way down. Shouldn't I be getting more than 6 to 7 hours of playback?

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back