Problem with my IEM ( ATH-CKM77 ) on my Computer.
Jul 7, 2011 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

otaru1921

New Head-Fier
Hello, I registered today on this Community. 

Recently I bought a Audio Technica CKM77 In-Ear Headphone to use it with my computer / portable video games.
But there is a problem happening when I use it with my Computer.

First of all here are the Specs of the IEM :

1. Type
    Dynamic
    Driver Diameter
    Ø13mm
    Frequency Response
    5 ~ 25,000 Hz
    Maximum Input Power
    200 mW
    Sensitivity
    104 dB/mW
    Impedance
    16 Ω
    Cable
    0.6 m / Y-type + 0.6 m Extension cord
    Connector
    Ø3.5mm mini stereo, gold-plated
    Weight
    8 g
    Accessories Furnished
    Pouch, Cleaning cloth, Ear pieces (XS/S/M/L)

What is happening is that the sound distorts / clips on some types of sounds, I tried to reduce the Volumes on the Sound Card Controls but it's already on 1% from 0 to 100 and I can't reduce it more, also reducing volume on music players doesn't remove the distortions / clipping ( as expected ).

I think my Soundcard ( Onboard from VIA ) is outputting too much power for my headphone and also my headphone is too sensible. That's why it's distorting.

I want to know if there is something I can do to solve this without buying another headphone.
Maybe a Sound Card that would work better for this type of Headphone, an Amplifier wouldn't work I guess.

Is there something I can do to solve this?

Thanks and best regards.

For example : On this Sound played on 0:25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pdGnozLnk ( LOUD SOUND WARNING )

It's 100% Distortion / Clipping on my Headpone but it doesn't happen on my Speakers which are plugged through SPDIF Optical.

Also the Music Final Frontier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsOCHIMr7Fk
Has clips when he says Frontieeeeeeeerrrrrrrr  at 6:25ish. But sounds perfectly on my Speakers ( SPDIF ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back