Problem with my Dr.Dre Studio Headphones
Jul 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TallGuy12

New Head-Fier
Okay so I got a pair of green studios from a friend and they had been working fine for months until I dropped them on my carpet and the fall ripped some of the wiring on the left headphone. The whole earpiece can now be pulled back and you can see that one of the wires has been cut, It's almost to the point where I could rip off the whole headphone with a little tug. I'm not sure what I should do with this because I don't think I want to spend to much money repairing them. Should I just cut my losses or is there something I could do? 

Thank you for the help in advance

Jul 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Before the beats flame war begins..

Either you need to take them to an electronics repair shop or cut your losses.

I think the vast majority of headfiers here would tell you to junk them and research some actual quality in ear phones.

Glad you finally made it here to the land of knowledge.

Jul 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 3
It is a sad thing that Head Fi would have bias towards you, bash or flame you for your choice in headphones.   If anyone bashes you or makes fun of you, flag them and have the admins remove the post as I am absolutely sick and tired of the bias going on here.

Thankfully, its very easy to rewire headphones so long as the driver is easily accessible.  You can buy a junk cable on ebay that can be easily soldered back onto the driver, it would take all of 30 seconds to do.  But, if you dont have or dont know anyone with that experience,  cutting your loses is the best idea as the above user said.  If you can't return them or get a refund for poor quality, there isn't much else you can do but call Monster up and tell them what happened.  If you are nice and let them know " Another set of headphones that cost around the same price has fallen many times and never broke, the Dre Beats Build quality is terrible and I deserve a refund for being a bit deceived by its fame and popularity.  It broke so easily, I am not sure what else to do, please help me so I can continue supporting Monster".

Say something nice like that and hope for the best.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back