problem with Musiland MD10 DAC and win 7 audio driver?
Sep 14, 2010 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pjuegos

New Head-Fier

Hi guys,

I need your help... I am going crazy...
regular_smile .gif

I have a HTPC, which I use to play music files, TV and videos. the PC is connected to an LCD TV and also to a USB DAC (Musiland MD10, which is connected to the HiFI. I use Win7 Media Center as interface.
USB DAC: http://www.pacificvalve.us/MusilandMD10.html

Everything works great for playing music. However, when I play AVI files and also some TV channels in WMC, the audio crackles very badly and I fear for my speakers.
I did many tests:
If I use the onboard soundcard, everything is fine.
If I use the same DAC with other media players like VLC, everything is fine
The same DAC in another PC with WMC is also fine
I have updated the graphics card driver but no change at all

I formatted the PC and I have the same problem, except a shocking finding. Before formatting I had the same problem in WMC and WMP, but now when I use WMP instead of WMC with the same DAC, the audio is fine in WMP but not in WMC, which I cannot get at all.

So, the audio problem is down to the use of  WMC to play some video files in the HTPC with the USB DAC. DVDs and recorded TV is Ok.

I think it has to be an uncompatibility of my HTPC hardware with the DAC and the generic USB DAC win 7 driver? Probably the buffer is messing thingsup ? I am not sure though, since the result of my tests is rather unusual.. There has to be an explanation...

Does anybody have a thought?
I tried to use ASIO4LL but my Musiland MD10 does not seem to support it? Is that normal?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back