Problem with MS-1
Mar 13, 2008 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

numbnut

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, first post here.

I've been having to put up with an unusual problem for several weeks now. For some reason, the left channel of these headphones is playing back at a lower volume, amp or no amp. I've searched for a bit, and haven't found anything similar.

Strangely, this effect temporarily goes away when i use the headphones with a Nintendo DS. The volume slider is as far to the left as possible without cutting off the right channel while the amp is turned up close to max (gain set to 2). At first it sounds as though the left channel is still weak, but eventually it will suddenly "open up", making it sound as good as when i first used these headphones.

The MS-1 is paired with the Little Dot MK1 amp.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried the headphones with a PSP as well. I'm pretty sure the playback device is not the source of the problem.

I've also tried another pair of headphones to be sure my ears were not the problem either.

@jet87: Anywhere specific that I should be looking? I don't see anything wrong with the cable.

Mar 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 7
Since I don't have my pair with me, I'm trying to think of specifics. Make sure the mini-plug is clean. When there's an imbalance, hold the cable close to the driver thats quieter. Wiggle the cable gently both sideways and up/down. Don't use much pressure.

If the MS-1's cable has ever been tugged, it could've weakened the connection of a wire to the driver. Wiggling the cable should "fix" the connection for the short-term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back