Problem with Making Audio CD
Mar 2, 2008 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
I got some Mp3 files that I burned as audio CD using Nero, but I don't know why the tracks always have this little skip every now and then.

They skips are not in the original mp3 files, but only in the audio CD. I wasted 5 CDs already, even burning it using 4X speed, and still the same.

Anyone knows why?

Mar 2, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi, dj_mocok:

Without knowing all your hardware details, here would be my suggestions for things to check:
1. Make sure Nero is up-to-date. They roll out patches and updates to all versions, so just make sure you're running the most current.
2. If your drive is IDE, make sure it's running in DMA mode. This can be found in IDE channel properties, or under the Intel Application Accelerator if you're running that (which you should).
3. Use good quality media. Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim and HP are good. No one ever saved money buying cheap media (Memorex, store brands).
4. Burn at a slower speed. Although this is not as important as years ago when writeable media were first introduced, many audiophiles still burn at slower speeds to ensure the fewest errors.

Mar 2, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Just to clarify, are the little skips in particular tracks or are they BETWEEN tracks? If it is between tracks, as in, track 1 is supposed to fade into track 2 but you hear a little "gap" of silence instead, that isn't a burning issue but an MP3 issue itself.

It is impossible to get gapless playback with mp3 files, since, during encoding, there is always some padding (that's what those little extra moments of silence added between tracks are).

As far as I know, there isn't a way to get gapless playback when burning mp3's. But I haven't looked into that in the past couple of years, so things could have changed by now.

Mar 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 6
The skip is during the song, like when you are using a discman, then you shake the discman.

I'm using the lowest speed already, and my optical drives are both SATA. Never had problem with burning files/dvds, this is the first time I rip audio CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back