Problem with K701's Loose Plastic Headband Handles
Jun 16, 2015 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

trippled

New Head-Fier
Hi,

First post, hello you headphone junkies!

I'm totally in love with these though one of these headband "handles" (I'm not a native speaker and my vocabulary lacks) one of them is very loose and while it doesn't change too much as far as comfort nor sound I'm wondering if there's a way to fix that? Anyone familiar with this issue? I tried to search here and google quiet extensively and couldn't find someone with the same issue.

I tried uploading pictures but cannot since this is my first post..

Help anyone?

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 5
  Hi,

First post, hello you headphone junkies!

I'm totally in love with these though one of these headband "handles" (I'm not a native speaker and my vocabulary lacks) one of them is very loose and while it doesn't change too much as far as comfort nor sound I'm wondering if there's a way to fix that? Anyone familiar with this issue? I tried to search here and google quiet extensively and couldn't find someone with the same issue.

I tried uploading pictures but cannot since this is my first post..

Help anyone?

I think I'll give up on this great great community. Thank you so much for your help.

Why not contact the AKG distributor in your country? They sell spare parts so if they're loose because there's something broken in the mechanism then AKG can get you the spares, unless the distro over there is as bad as the distributor of Sennheiser here. Even then you can just order from AKG HQ, or tell them about the issue to straighten out your local distro.

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 5
Why not contact the AKG distributor in your country? They sell spare parts so if they're loose because there's something broken in the mechanism then AKG can get you the spares, unless the distro over there is as bad as the distributor of Sennheiser here. Even then you can just order from AKG HQ, or tell them about the issue to straighten out your local distro.

All israeli distributers are bad, and overpriced.

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 5
All israeli distributers are bad, and overpriced.

The problem is you can't just go straight to AKG HQ, since their response is likely, "hi, please contact your local distributor as they are more likely to be able to help you (because they are physically closer to you, because that's why we have distributors)." At the very least they have to show you some really crappy service like they're not interested, then complain to AKG HQ about it.
http://www.akg.com/pro/technical-support

At the very least, you can search for the K701 thread here, and then ask what specific part numbers are assigned for those. Then you can search for them in sites like this if you don't want to deal with AKG: http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/AKG/Replacement-Service-Parts.html?page=2&query=&categoryOrder=Bestselling&view=&ipp=24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back