Problem with K601 pads
Mar 3, 2007 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cake

100+ Head-Fier
I've been having a problem with the pads on my AKG k601s. The pads are held on by four tabs on the back, and on one of the pads I think the tabs have become loose. So what's happening is that, with the smallest bump or jostle, that pad pops off the headphones. It's really annoying.

So should I attempt to fix this somehow? Or just buy new pads? And if I buy new pads, should I get the K701 pads instead, since I hear they're interchangeable and might help augment the bass response?

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 8
AKG pads are expensive...like $45 for a pair IIRC. Sennheiser pads are just as pricey.
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
twist em and they should come off
then you can see where the problem lies

I know how to take them off. That's the problem! They come off all the time, without me wanting to take them off!

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 8
put a few 1 inch lengths of double-sided sticky tape on your headphones, carefully twist on the earpads, and then press them into the tape.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My k601 pads have worn out tabs from opening the pads up to much
now they don't stay on either. So i have just taped electrical tape around the outside of the pads that keeps them on solid and also increases bass as a bonus (of course nowhere near the monster bass of the 325i)

Cool. I did the electrical tape mod on my 325is (actually black duct tape) too and I agree it results in pleasantly augmented bass while not sacrificing the detailed highs like the flat pads do. They've become my favorite headphones because of the tape mod. And I do think that the k601's are kind of lacking in the bass department, so it sounds like it could be a great idea.

I like ericj's double-sided tape idea though; maybe I'll try that.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back