Problem with HD650 and Zu Mobius
Oct 5, 2004 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TN98

New Head-Fier
I have to readjust the cable into the HD650 again everytime. It didn't come out but there is no sound from the left (kind of loose contact of the plug). Anyone have the same problem or any suggestion? I think one of the problem is the cable is so heavy so the plug can loose easily so I don't know that I got 100% performance from the loose plug.
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm sure you can get replaced whatever is wrong (headphone or cable). But this problem sounds to me like the connectors that hold the pins in inside the headphone are somewhat faulty...not hanging into the cable tight enough. Just for experiementing purposes, you should switch the right side of the cable and plug it into the left side to see if the loose connection is still there. That way you can start to eliminate specific problems and narrow it down to what's really wrong with your setup. I'm sure you'll figure it out...and again, don't worry about replacing anything. Both companies (Sennheiser and Zu) have excellent customer service. Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks, for advise.
600smile.gif

Oct 5, 2004 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 8
If you do a search on the Senn HD600, there are great, detailed instructions (with pictures) on how to repair the spring in the internal socket of the Senn 6xx series of phones. I think the thread may be under the words "intermittent sound" and "HD600" or something like that. Anyway, it is a common problem with these phones and it is easily fixable without sending it in for repair.

Oct 26, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 8
stupid and noobish question about cables: What use is of very expensive (like this Mobius) cables for headphones?

Oct 27, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #7 of 8
Make shirr your driver didn't pop loose from the frame mount. I had this happen to me when I cought the headphone cable, the driver kept moving causing intermitting contact. I Just pop the grill an snap the driver back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back