Problem with foobar2000 ASIO output via my DAC
Aug 19, 2009 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tapehiss

New Head-Fier
Hi all. I'm struggling to get some ASIO output to my DAC from within foobar2000 using ASIO4ALL. The DAC shows up fine in foobar. It is listed as an output device: "DS: USB Audio DAC". I can select this, play music and everything is dandy. Now I've been wanting to give ASIO a try, so I installed ASIO4ALL. "ASIO Virtual Devices" shows up under Output. I click this, then click 'Add New', and in the ASIO Virtual Device Editor, none of my DAC's channels are showing up under the Channel Map. All I'm seeing is 8 SoundMAX HD Audio channels from my integrated sound card. Any ideas why my DAC's channels aren't being detected?

p.s. my DAC keeps on shutting down when I roll around in my chair. I barely have to move at all for this to happen. I invevitably feel a small static shock, the music stops and will no longer play in my player until I unplug/replug my DAC. I have two DACs and this is the case for both of them. Any ideas?

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 5
There's something wrong with the power wiring in your DAC. You probably should unplug it and get an electrician to look at it. It sounds like it isn't grounded correctly if you're getting shocked just by rolling around in your chair. Sounds a little dangerous to me actually.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tapehiss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and in the ASIO Virtual Device Editor, none of my DAC's channels are showing up under the Channel Map. All I'm seeing is 8 SoundMAX HD Audio channels from my integrated sound card.

Can yo see the configure button there?
Click it to reach asio4all control panel. Switch to advanced view & their enable your DAC & disable your soubndcard.

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks all, that was it: the DAC was simply disabled in ASIO4ALL. Works like a charm now! And as far as the power wiring...I'll do some more investigation. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something common first. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back