Problem with Foobar and Chaintech
Aug 31, 2004 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

saint.panda

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry guys but here comes another chaintech question...

I just got my Chaintech (great soundcard) and set everything up as described in Mr. Radars step by step guide (great stuff by the way!!!).
I'm using KS, 24 padded in 32 bit, resampled to 96khz. Playing music is no problem but once I activate other windows sounds such as clicking on a link thus prompting the Internet Explorer to make a "click" sound, the music from foobar stops. Strangely the bar still moves as if the music is still playing, just no sound. When I click on the title to restart the song or just move the bar to another time on the same track, the music goes on without any problems. Weird stuff. Please help
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and did I mention that this a great soundcard? Probably the best 25$ I've ever spent on audio gear
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 6
You won't be able to do anything about that as KS "dominates" sounds in Windows and any other sounds (incl. Windows sounds) will interrupt the KS. Just simply stop that particular song and replay the song.
smily_headphones1.gif
For future, either disable Windows sounds, or use DirectSound.
eek.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by proxops-pete
You won't be able to do anything about that as KS "dominates" sounds in Windows and any other sounds (incl. Windows sounds) will interrupt the KS. Just simply stop that particular song and replay the song.
smily_headphones1.gif
For future, either disable Windows sounds, or use DirectSound.
eek.gif

Thanks for the clarification
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you know if using ASIO might help because I don't really feel like using Direct Sound...

Aug 31, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 6
I just diabled those Windows sounds that come on with Explorer, mail, etc. I still left some of the more mission-critical sounds as is (error, Windows shutting down). By the way, my mobo (or something) still "beeps" when mail comes in, it just doesn't register in Windows sounds, and therefore doesn't interrupt fooobar.
Ted_B

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #5 of 6
As I remember there was a thread talking about this IE problem a time ago....maybe the solution is there.

Sep 1, 2004 at 12:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
As I remember there was a thread talking about this IE problem a time ago....maybe the solution is there.

This isn't an IE problem, it's a Windows sounds (ANY Windows sounds) conflict with foobar/kernel streaming in the Chaintech. It didn't occur in my Audigy 2 with ks, but that won't cause me to go back.
wink.gif

Ted_B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back