Problem with FLAC installer
Jan 15, 2005 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LFM

New Head-Fier
I am having a problem installing FLAC into EAC on a computer that is not connected to the internet.I downloaded FLAC 111a.exe from the appropriate source and installed on my main system without a problem. I burned a data CD and loaded it on the unconnected system. When I run the installer I get the following error window:
The following error occured while trying to download mscomctl.ocx : resolving host name. There is a good chance FLAC Frontend won't work properly... Try running the installer again in a few minutes. if it continues to fail, report....
When I click OK the install is completed and a window comes up to say that FLAC1.1.1a was installed successfully. The FLAC encoder is not working and my recordings remain as WAVs.Is there anything wrong with what I have done so far? Is there anything short of connecting this largely unprotected system to the net that I can do?

Jan 16, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Well I answered my own question by hooking my music server up to the net and trying the install again. It installed fine but still no luck getting things to work. The compression que just keeps getting larger and all my files remain as WAV's.I have installed the LAME encoder and EAC for my son to make MP3s on our main system and have it working perfectly. The process is so similar I didn't anticipate these problems with FLAC but its driving me nuts.Does anyone have any suggestions. I have checked and double checked all my settings and command lines.

Jan 17, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFM
Well I answered my own question by hooking my music server up to the net and trying the install again. It installed fine but still no luck getting things to work. The compression que just keeps getting larger and all my files remain as WAV's.I have installed the LAME encoder and EAC for my son to make MP3s on our main system and have it working perfectly. The process is so similar I didn't anticipate these problems with FLAC but its driving me nuts.Does anyone have any suggestions. I have checked and double checked all my settings and command lines.

Well, if you have the rest of it set up right, then try this command line:
-8 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back