Problem with fit of my S4's.. help?
Nov 2, 2009 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

luciobar1980

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I've tried all 3 tips that come with the s4..

Small bi-flange - Too small, no isolation, and no bass

large - Too big! Can barely get them in

medium - These one are the best, but they won't stay in my ears.. after a few monutes they slowly come out and end up kind of just resting outside my ear canal, and then fall out eventually if I don't readjust them.

What do you guys suggest? Will comply tips solve the problem? I used comply's with my er6i and never had a problem.

Thanks!

beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 8
Well, gross as this sounds, try wetting the large silicones to get a seal. I moved from the gels to the Shure tri-flanges (white), clipped off the top flange, trimmed the stalk to even at the bottom (with the largest flange) and they sound and feel great. Just one idea. Works for me, no problem. When I did use the gels, I used the large single flange.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Comply T100 tips will work but I like the Shure black foam tips much better. For me at least, the S4 with the Shure foam tips sound better than Comply tips. They are also more durable.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comply T100 tips will work but I like the Shure black foam tips much better. For me at least, the S4 with the Shure foam tips sound better than Comply tips. They are also more durable.

The shure olives will fit the s4 without modification?

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 8
Also if you prefer silicone tips, the Sony Hybrid tips work very well. I much prefer the seal and sound I get with them to any of the included gels.

Hope you get the issue resolved.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The shure olives will fit the s4 without modification?

They work just fine without any mods. Some people have a problem taking them off. I just use the pull and twist method and haven't had any problems.

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #7 of 8
Maybe you tried this already, but I find that I get a much more secure seal if I insert them upside down with the wires over my ears. Shure olives are also another good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back