problem with emu 0404 sound disapears. vista.
Oct 1, 2007 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rei_yano

100+ Head-Fier
I am using foobar to play some lossless apple files and I am using asio. my os is vista. when Im listening to music itll play for a bit then turn really staticy and then just die out. songs wont play for more than 30 seconds. when I use the ds (I guess direct sound) it plays but every now and then I get little crackles and pops. little artifacts in the sound that are getting really annoying. Ive been trying to figure out this problem all day. anybody got any tips cuase im all googled out here...
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rei_yano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using foobar to play some lossless apple files and I am using asio. my os is vista. when Im listening to music itll play for a bit then turn really staticy and then just die out. songs wont play for more than 30 seconds. when I use the ds (I guess direct sound) it plays but every now and then I get little crackles and pops. little artifacts in the sound that are getting really annoying. Ive been trying to figure out this problem all day. anybody got any tips cuase im all googled out here...
frown.gif

USB or PCI? Which drivers? They put up some updated Beta drivers recently for Vista

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USB or PCI? Which drivers? They put up some updated Beta drivers recently for Vista

sorry didnt say it was a USB version. the external one. its used with my laptop. and they are the latest drivers from the website.

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 5
turned off the wireless on my laptop and...... I think the pops and crackling went away... im pretty sure. listening to teenage jesus right now and sounds good. lydia lunch sounds amazing. so i guess no wireless for me lol..... wierd...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 5
ok.... I dont get it....
confused.gif
I went to sleep turned on my laptop and e-mu 0404 usb and wanted to listen to my new WORKING rig and bam...... little tiny crackling and popping.... now the little noises are more frequent however not nearly as loud. just little small pops in the background.... damn it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back