Problem with e2cs
Oct 22, 2006 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JT33

New Head-Fier
I just got my e2cs today, and they are really hurting my left ear. The same thing happend with my hje50 canal phones. The smallest tips available JUST fit my left ear, and then when their in there, my ear starts to burn, like some really bad irritation.
frown.gif
What's the explanation for this?

Oct 22, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by JT33
I just got my e2cs today, and they are really hurting my left ear. The same thing happend with my hje50 canal phones. The smallest tips available JUST fit my left ear, and then when their in there, my ear starts to burn, like some really bad irritation.
frown.gif
What's the explanation for this?

Some people are allergic to the materials the tips are made out of, be it rubber or silicone, perhaps even foam. Allergies are strange things.
I would suggest whatever tips you are using, STOP using them. Try a different material on your phones tips and see if that helps.
confused.gif

If not, maybe your ears are just not made for IEMs and they are just saying "Stop it, you strange person who keeps sticking weird objects into me that are spitting out these crazy noises!!"
etysmile.gif

If that's the case, the only choice you have is to use normal over-the-ear headphones. If the symptoms don't go away [the burning sensation for example] see a doctor right away because it could very well be an allergy, and you might want to consult an audiologist as well.

But I wouldn't panic just yet. It sounds like you hit the nail on the head when you said your ear canals are just too small, or might be too sensitive.

Good luck though.

Oct 22, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #3 of 3
It takes time to adjust to having tips wedged in your ear for extended periods of time. I found that sometimes the right earpiece of my e3c would begin to slip out especially when I've been sweating, which tells me that my right ear canal is smaller than my left. And when I hadn't used them for 2 weeks, it felt like i had rock stuck in my right ear after putting them in for the first time, but its absolutely fine now. Try to give it some more time and see if you can adjust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back