Problem with DAC and watching Youtube videos(HRT Music Streamer II)
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tinola

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, just got the MSII dac in the mail today. It sounds great and all when I play music but when I watch youtube videos(specifically HD videos), it starts making static noises out of nowhere. I don't know any other way to remedy this problem other than not using the dac at all when watching Youtube.

So anyone know what's up?
Thanks

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Anyone know the reason?

Apr 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Been there, done that. This happened for a few weeks when I first got the dac - hasnt happened in the last couple of months. Some suggest its a latency issue - beats me.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Been there, done that. This happened for a few weeks when I first got the dac - hasnt happened in the last couple of months. Some suggest its a latency issue - beats me.

Sorry I don't understand what you said, can you please elaborate a little more?

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm saying that the problem *may* disappear over the next month or two of ownership - it has for me. I spent some time messing around with latency settings in various players, but I'm not sure that was the 'cure' - like any electronic device, I believe the Streamer has a burn-in period and you might simply be experiencing problems because of that. I think HRT has an email link on their site, and my experience has been that Kevin is very happy to help people with problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back