Problem with claro halo amp
Jan 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FatMom

New Head-Fier
at least thats what I think. Recently I wanted to please myself and try something new, decent headphones and soundcard. I always used onboard sound before and my headphones were the AKG k26p. After some searching I bought the beyerdynamic DT150 with the HT omega claro halo.

my problem is, I can't even tell a difference between my akg and dt150. I downloaded some high quality audio from NIN (the slip in 96/24 lossless) and I just cant hear any difference when trying both headset. So maybe my ear just suck, but theres something else..

I noticed later that theres a missprint on the manual and they switched the jumpers location for impedance level and mute front input. So I set the jumpers to high impedance and.... no difference. I thought they should have been louder ? I have tried my akg at the risk of damaging them and they were playing fine.

I am missing something here ? I'm absolutly not expert in this domain, but would have expected a professional audio grade headphone to sound better than a simple portable headset.

and I dont have any external amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back