Problem with CD burning
Jan 17, 2006 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

fishtankfish

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a new NEC DVD-burner and the past couple days i've been trying to make some mix CDs for my car. the first one i made had skipping on several tracks. i burned the same mix at a lower speed and the skips were still in the same places in the same songs.

i would like to know what the problem is. like i said the burner is NEC, the blank CDs are Sony CD-R and i've tested the CDs on several players that should all play burned cds. i'm using Nero 7 ultimate edition to make the CDs and i have had some issues with it but could that really be the problem?

let me know what you think.

Jan 17, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 13
I had that exact problem awhile back. Tried a different program instead of nero, and the skipping was gone. In conclusion, nero sux.

Seriously, try some other software, and see if the cd still skips in parts of the music. I'll give you a chocolate pretzel if it does.

Jan 17, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I had that exact problem awhile back. Tried a different program instead of nero, and the skipping was gone. In conclusion, nero sux.

Seriously, try some other software, and see if the cd still skips in parts of the music. I'll give you a chocolate pretzel if it does.

Ok, what program do you suggest?

Jan 17, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishtankfish
Ok, what program do you suggest?

Anything. The one's jeff suggested are fine. I personally use "sonic recordnow!".

Jan 17, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #8 of 13
Old dinosaur here. Just started using ExactCopy to copy music CDs on my old Pentium 100 computer running Window 98SE. The burner is a Plextor 16/10/40A. Had tried copying CDs before and always ended up with some noise (or errors) with copies so kind of gave up for a while.

Got interested again a few months ago as I really liked some European CDs that a friend has. I used the ExactCopy software and had successfully copied about 15 CDs so far. Played them on several players and have so far been noise-free.

I've not attempted making "mixed" CDs, but so far the program has not had any problems. For burning, I'm just using the Roxio Easy CD Basic that came with the burner.

Jan 19, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #10 of 13
For anyone who may care, I uninstalled Nero 7 and installed Nero 6.6 and all my problems went away. So it looks like Nero's big bad new software suite is a bit buggy still. 6.6 for me.

Jan 19, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

For anyone who may care, I uninstalled Nero 7 and installed Nero 6.6 and all my problems went away. So it looks like Nero's big bad new software suite is a bit buggy still. 6.6 for me.

I stand corrected, nero 7 sux.

biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

I just wanted that chocolate pretzel.

ahh, but I was right. It was nero (at least that current build) that was the problem. Therefore, I owe ye not this pretzel ye speak of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back