Problem with broken Fischer Audio FA-003 headband
Nov 16, 2015 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hoodoovoodoo

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody. I have a problem with my headphones and was hoping that perhaps someone with a similar experience could provide me with some advice. I have owned two Fischer Audio headphones and I keep having the same problem.  I previously owned the FA-003 and have had the FA-003Ti since Feb. 2014. They both have great sound quality, but part of the headband on both headphones have broken on me. It seems as if the headbands have a design flaw that dictates it will eventually break.  The same part that keeps breaking are the plastic clips labeled L and R (for left and right ear) that hold together the metal frame of the cups. They have slowly begun to break due to the pressure of having the headband pulled around the head, and since it is made of plastic it cannot be repaired.  It has gotten to the point that my original FA-003 broke off completely rendering it unusable. My current FA-003Ti isn't far behind. I don't have permission to post photos yet here is a link to some photos via Photobucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/rswoboda1/library/Broken%20headband%20clips.

I have the option of buying a whole new headband from the official Fischer Audio website, but it would cost $88 plus S&H and I would like to avoid having to pay so much just to get a whole new headband every year and a half if possible. If anybody else has experienced this is it possible to just purchase the L and R plastic clips that I need instead of an entirely new headband? If anybody here has any intel I would greatly appreciate it!

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to have to replace the whole thing if I don't have to. The clip that broke can be unscrewed and taken off, which means that a new one can get put on.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for the suggestion jadran86 but the part that is broken can't be held together by zip ties, even steel ones. I have already tried that and all that keeps happening is the just slide right off due to where the crack is.

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 9
Hi hoodoovoodoo, just wondering if you ever found a solution to your issue with the headphone headband. I have the same problem with my fa-003. Crack in the plastic holder for the left cup. Can't use them as they don't sit right. cheers Stirlo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back