Problem with a 'phone I bought yesterday from a seller
Jun 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Billheiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there a Head-fi rule/protocol that I should follow when I contact a seller about a problem with the merchandise? Yesterday I bought a "like new" headphone (arrived to me yesterday) and the right channel is cutting out. I'll contact the seller but does head-fi have "regulations" on how that is done? Thanks.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 9
If you payed using Paypal is there not something they can do about it?

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 9
I think if the seller refuses to do anything about it you can report it to Paypal and they will cover you for up to 1000 dollars on damaged goods or something like that.

I'm not experienced with it myself just remember seeing people claim that Paypal is the safer way to do business as long as you do not use the gift payment type.

I'm sure if you email Paypal and notify them of what happened they will tell you what they can or can not do about this.

Jun 11, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 9
Also, its possible that damage occurred during shipping, in which case if the package was insured you may be able to file a claim w/ them. Even if it wasn't insured, there may be some coverage up to a certain amount. You'll need to look up the policy of whoever handled the shipping.

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #7 of 9
Good point. As an update, I'm working with the seller and he has offered to take the headphones back and send me a refund, which will be the best (and non-adversarial) way to handle this situation.

Update: so far, so good. Have mailed the phones back & he will refund when receives..

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #9 of 9
  All resolved, all OK, seller and I worked it out fine.  Returned and refunded.  Positive feedback for the seller.

Good to hear, better luck with your next purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back