Problem of epic proportions: Hooded sweaters and fullsize cans
Nov 24, 2009 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Stitch

500+ Head-Fier
Damn you head-fi!
When it gets colder I wear hooded sweaters a lot and love to use the hood, well as a hood.
Now since i joined head-fi and acquired full-size cans the hood doesn't fit!!

So i'm calling upon you brilliant minds to come up with a solution! The best solution gets awarded with.......... Ever lasting head-fame!

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn you head-fi!
When it gets colder I wear hooded sweaters a lot and love to use the hood, well as a hood.
Now since i joined head-fi and acquired full-size cans the hood doesn't fit!!

So i'm calling upon you brilliant minds to come up with a solution! The best solution gets awarded with.......... Ever lasting head-fame!

Get smaller cans!
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 17
Not exactly a solution but an alternative :p maybe get a smaller street style headphones or IEMs .

Can't think of anything else at the moment , will post back if anything comes up in my mind. LoL.

Nov 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #9 of 17
Use the phones as a template and cut holes in each side of the hood.

Nov 24, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 17
if you have some kind of favorite hoodie that you wear all the time, take it to an alterations place and have the hood enlarged...urr sump'n.

If not, get a tight fitting(thin) skullie to keep your dome warm and wear the phones over that....?

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #11 of 17
I sometimes just wear headphones over my hood on the go. Works great with tight-fitting supraural cans like the Philips SHP5400 and Ultrasone Zino.

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #13 of 17
Larger hood or smaller headphones...

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #14 of 17
I love my full size cans too much to use smaller ones. Cutting holes in my hoodies? That would make them quite useless when wearing them canless.
Hoodies are great for a head warming, not just ears. And its just damn comfy
smily_headphones1.gif
Its also my way of telling people around me that i'm not in the mood to be bothered.
It seems though i was screaming to early. I just tried a bit harder and it even fitted with my beyers
beyersmile.png

So there is no winner
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back