Problem (now solved) with Kenwood HD10GB7
Aug 17, 2007 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

The Boatman

Head-Fier
I've had my Kenwood HD10GB7 for about a month now and am mostly very happy with it apart from one annoying problem: on certain tracks, at about 10 seconds in (but not exactly 10 seconds in) I hear a 'chirrup' or glitch sound. This happens with and without SupremeEX enabled. However, it occurs in certain tracks when I am playing the whole album, but I don't hear the noise when I play those tracks on their own. The tracks are 320kbps LAME MP3s encoded using CDex and transferred either by drag-and-drop or using WMP.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any help appreciated.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 2
OK, I think I've solved this problem: when I got the player I updated it to Kenwood's latest firmware, 2.00.01. I've just checked their site and there's a newer version of the firmware, 2.01.00. I only have a very little Japanese, but according to Google "In this [huamuueaatsupudeto] program, below being verified with firmware Ver.2.00.01, trouble was corrected.

(1) While playing back sound break and the sound flying occur.
(2) It skips to the next tune in the middle of tune."

Having updated, the problem appears to be gone! Which makes me very happy indeed! I'll leave this up in case anyone else happens to be having this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back