Problem: Mini to 1/4" adapter noisy with ER6i
Nov 10, 2005 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dimitri

100+ Head-Fier
When I use a mini to 1/4" adapter to plug my ER6is into my Ray Samuels XP-7 I get a loud hiss. This doesn't happen when I plug other phones into the amp and the ER6is are dead quiet straight out of my nano. I have two different but similar "nothing special" gold adapters. Anyone have this problem? do I need a better adapter?

Thanks,

Dimitri

Nov 10, 2005 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 4
bump

Nobody has tried these phones with a quiet adapter?

Nov 10, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 4
This isn't going to be much help but that IS very odd. Do you have any other headphones with a mini plug that you can use to see if its your adapter thats causing the hiss?

A few more questions that may shed some light on this. Is there hiss even when the volume is turned all the way down? Is the plug on the phones in question a shape that doesn't allow the adapter to fit it correctly? Is the adapter an odd shape that won't fit into the amp correctly? Do you have another amp with a 1/4 plug that you can see if there is also a hiss?

Nov 11, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the reply, aaron. Even when I plug my sennheisers into a mini adpter then back to a 1/4 inch there is no noise. yes, the noise is constant, regardless of volume. I'm thinking that the jack on the ER6is is strange and may require a unique adapter...thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back