PROBLEM!!! HELP NEEDED!
Jun 17, 2006 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

niietzshe

New Head-Fier
I'm moving out on Monday, so really would like to sort this problem today or tomorrow!!

I have changed the phono cables on my turntable (Technics 1210) and probably ****ed it up
smily_headphones1.gif

The audio is noticably quieter than the untouched one, so I have to turn up the gain more, is this just the quality of cable as I'll upgrade if so...
Also, the main problem is the left channel is quieter than the right. I've been messing around with this all day and really need to pack the house down instead of messing with this.. What could be the main reasons for this?
The ground touching the main bit? Thats the only theory I have now, if it is touching I can't see it, they are soldered onto the board very close together, maybe I should wire them appart...

If anyone can give some insight into this it would be a great help!!!
CHeers.
Niietzshe

Jun 18, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 2
The conductor would not be the cause of this. It's 7ohm or so per hundred feet of resistance is nothing compared to the input resistance of a hifi stage and would not attenuate the signal.

It's more likely that you botched something. Confirm there are not breaks in the cable, the polarity is correct, and that there's no shorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back