Problem canceling headphone Pre-order
Sep 26, 2009 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tamahome77

1000+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone ever had any problems canceling their headphone pre-orders from a company?

I've placed a pre-order on a pair of headphones from a Canadian Grado dealer almost 3 months ago and they still do not have it in stock yet. I have emailed and called the guy to issue me a refund on my deposit and was shocked to find out that he is unable to cancel my pre-order and will not refund my deposit. He told me that if his company issues a refund, then they will be stuck with the headphones when it arrives and they cannot send it back as they usually do not stock them. Is this true or is he giving me false information? What can I do to cancel and receive a refund?
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Not me! I have only pre-ordered one headphone so far, the Sennheiser HD800.
Placed my order on January 14th, and cancelled it on March 4th. The dealer responded quickly, very friendly and refunded my money right away. Just a pleasure!

Does not sound right that you can not cancel a pre-order, or for them to cancel it further on to their distributor. If they deny, then you may just need to go through just to put it up for sale right away.

Sep 26, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 9
It sure does not sound right. I was expecting my cancellation to be trouble free and swiftly. I find it really odd that they cannot cancel my pre-order. After spending 20 mins on the phone without much success, I've decided to email the Grado distributor myself to see if they can cancel my pre-order.

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 9
I think it depends on if you put a deposit down for a pre-order or a special order. If it was a special order, a lot of times the deposit is non-refundable. If it was a pre-order, then you should be able to get a refund on the deposit.

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #6 of 9
It's not unheard of for businesses to do that with special orders. They should have disclosed that to you somehow though, either verbally or written.

Sep 27, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 9
Until yet I never heard of such a thing. (Well, we have EU-rules for that.) Check out the laws, and his business rules. There should be some kind of general rule (Business regulation laws) concerning delivery, cancellation and refunds even over there. I it has been a serious time period since you ordered you could argue that delivery did not happen (even after payment) at all, so you simply want your Money back.

(Edit: wow i dislike grado even more then before)

Sep 27, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tordenskjold /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(Edit: wow i dislike grado even more then before)

How is this Grado's fault? It's the dealer that refuses to return his deposit. Grado just fills the dealer's order request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back