Problem 1 Solved! Need an Amp/DAC with RCA Outputs!
Dec 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 19
$400 is a bit steep, I was thinking around $150-$200, but I'd go a bit over $200 if there was an amp/dac at a fantastic value around that price range.

At the moment hardly any stereo receivers/amps have optical inputs. I know this probably isn't the right question here, but is there an issue using a 5.1 receiver in a standard 2.0 setup? I want great sound quality, but I don't think my Energy C-100's require a $400 amp, ya know? If I'd get the same quality from a 5.1 receiver for $250 or so I might just go that route.

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #17 of 19
well, you definitely can use that receiver for a stereo setup. there is probably some option on there to disable the surround and sub. i know there is for my hardon/kardon...

by amp/dac combo you're referring to headphone amp right? not speaker amp.

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #18 of 19
yeah the amp/dac combo I am looking for would be for my headphones (haven't quite decided on those yet, potentially the Denon ADH2000's). It would be an expensive setup (amp/DAC + headphones + stereo amplifier) but boy would she be a beauty!

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #19 of 19
most all (if not all) headphone dac/amp's that aren't portable have rca outputs. i don't know about a combo that's under $200 though. someone else probably will, or you could check around the dac section of the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back