Pro3AA Vs. UR40?
Dec 14, 2006 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

housecat

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have both, or heard both and can offer a comparison?

Dec 14, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 4
If you like the KSC 35 and 75 you will like the UR40s they are really similar in sound but are ALOT more comfortable. If anything the UR40s have a tad less bass because there is a little more air between them and your ear but they have the same smooth mids and i prefer the over the ear fit. The 35s and 75s sound is great but the fit i found they fatigue my ears.

I think ive tried just about every set of cans that used the 35 and 75 driver. I think i still have a set of the R200 somewhere. They were brown and have the same driver as in the KSC35 the clear diaphram. The UR40 uses the titanium one.

I would recomend the 75s over the 35s for portable just because you can adjust the little band. The R200 and the UR40s are a toss up because they both are super comfrotable but i would recomend those for like home use or for like gaming. A little big for portable use.

Dec 14, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm looking for something for gaming and maybe something a bit more isolating for library reading.

I'm told the UR40s isolate well, is this true? Amazon has their description as "closed" headphones and it appears to be a description from Koss themselves.

When I really crank the 35s, they start "thumping" nicely but you can hear them across the room to. Its sad really because I'm practically in love with them.

Dec 14, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by housecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for something for gaming and maybe something a bit more isolating for library reading.

I'm told the UR40s isolate well, is this true? Amazon has their description as "closed" headphones and it appears to be a description from Koss themselves.

When I really crank the 35s, they start "thumping" nicely but you can hear them across the room to. Its sad really because I'm practically in love with them.

none of the koss earclips or the UR40 are closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back