Pro-Ject Elemental upgrade advice
Jun 10, 2016 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pjv1990

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody! 

I hope this is posted in the correct location, if not I'm sorry. 

My question is about turntables. My turntable is the only thing I've neglected in my current HI-FI setup, it's just a pretty cheap, plastic Bush MTT1 that sounds awful through my setup (you can see my setup in my sig), the sound is lacking definition, tinny, a little distorted and wholly bad which is a huge shame as I have a fairly nice selection of records that I'd love to play and get the most out of them (and have them sound great on my HD 650's.) 

I've decided to ditch my current player and upgrade (Finally). The upgrade I'm thinking is the standard Pro-Ject Elemental as it's the only thing I like in my current price range.

Will it be a significant upgrade to my current player? I remember when I went from a PS1 to my Marantz CD 5004 cd player and the improvement was FRIGHTENING, it was so good! Can I expect the same leap with a proper, dedicated turntable that has actually been designed to give great audio performance or will the vinyl medium hold back any significant improvement?

That's all I wanted to know, I'd really appreciate any advice :) 
Pete. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Ahh, Okay. 

Cheers for the advice, I'll look into them both. Finding the correct turntable is exhausting! haha

Thanks again, 
Pete. 

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 4
Pete,

Quote:

Finding the correct turntable is exhausting! haha

I totally understand. With the plethora of good products becoming more available within a reasonable price bracket, the "right choice" is becoming an even more difficult task. If you don't wish to hold out too long for a table, grab the U-Turn Basic with at least the cue lever and the OM-5e. It should bring you at $254 with an opportunity to do stylus upgrades (such as the OM-40) and an acrylic platter. The table also includes a dust cover. You can start off with their Pluto preamp or the ART DJ preamp if you don't have a phono preamp.

Hope this all helps!

Cheers,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back