Pro 900 pads
May 29, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 8
Anyone know the best way to restore the thickness to the pro 900 pads? My black pads are pretty worn out, and I don't like the silver pads, but I heard a big sound difference because the black pads are so thin now. I might get new black pads but the price is pretty darn steep, hehe, makes me wonder if it's possible to put the leather edition 9 pads on the pro 900.

May 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 8
If your pads are constructed like the ones in the PROline 2500/750 just remove them and wash them in lukewarm water and woolite (or similar). Rinse well and lightly squeeze to remove most of the water, then allow to dry overnight.

May 30, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 8
Okay I just washed it in lukewarm water but iwthout any woolite. It's amazingly uniform now. If it comes out right tomorrow I will love you for long time
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 8
Soaking it in warm water has now imade it a bit fuzzy, in a cute way. It took a bit longer than overnight to dry, I guess I didn't squeeze it enough or the thicker pro 900 pads need more time. I put it out in the sun for about 2 hours and now it's pretty dry, going to listen for a few hours and see how well it maintains thickness, hopefully enough to keep my ears from touching the metal plate which gets annoying. The thickness right now is a tad thicker than my silver pads which have had ~50 hours of use, but then it is not as perfectly uniform as I remember the pad being when brand new.

No need for pics, it's just fuzzier pro 900 pads with a whole lot of white lint on it
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 8
You want pics? Okay. Don't laugh at the white lint please I don't have any of those lint removal tape atm and too lazy to get some. Took these just a few hours ago, been wearing maybe 30 hours since soaking and the pads are holding up their stiffness much better than without doing what mrarroyo said. Thanks a ton! Oh and don't mind the weird stickers please, just did a hello kitty sticker mod so people think I'm harmlessly crazy in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back