Pro.2 PH-U585???
Apr 20, 2002 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dokebi

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.myhpw.com/catalog/PhoneDATA/U585.htm

Anyone ever try or have any information regarding these.

I picked them up for 60 bucks. The sticker said 70 but the box was slightly crushed and the guy took off 10 bucks. They sounded pretty solid out of the box. The highs are really clean and the bass is not overwhelming. In my opinion I think they sound much better than my friends mdr560 and mdr580?
Going to see if they improve after some usage.

Apr 20, 2002 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Those are available in sweden through one of thechain stores for something like 60 USD retail. I've tried them and they were OK, however the headband is a bit too big for my smallish head even when fully retracted.
IMO Pro2 makes some very decent closed cans for the price. i own PH 1000 which are quite good portable cans.

Apr 20, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 4
I searched all of yahoo and google and could only find pictures. Only info that I got is on the box:

frequency range: 3-30,000 Hz
sensitivity: 102 dB
Impedance: 50 Ohms
cable length: 3m
maximum power input: 50mW
jack: 6.3+3.5mm stereo
weight: 250g

titanium-clad diaphram
ccaw voice coil

They are very easy to drive out of my stereo and portable mp3 player. Build quality isn't too great but they look nice and expensive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello everybody! I am requiring these headphones. I have used the similar headphones PH-575 (which look almost identical with PH-U585) for more than 10 years and they went broken for two weeks. They sound really marvelous. I have searched everywhere in search machines but apparently they are not available? Could anyone assist me in purchasing these headphones. All help would be greatly appreciated. thanks & best wishes from France, Rudi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back