Prizefight: Beats Solo vs. Bose On-Ear
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote an exceedingly long email to CNet's Justin Yu urging him to buy HD 25-1 IIs instead of the two cans in question. Got no reply.

That's a perfect contestant. The HD25-1's are right in that price range and blows those two out of the water.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a perfect contestant. The HD25-1's are right in that price range and blows those two out of the water.

My HD25-1's are laughing silently about this feeble Prizefight. What's the target audience, a bunch of stupid teens? Oh my, I just registered to CNET to make some... corrections on this matter.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously we are quick to laugh at this head to head review. I will say though the review is actually pretty useful to the clueless consumer.

Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My HD25-1's are laughing silently about this feeble Prizefight. What's the target audience, a bunch of stupid teens? Oh my, I just registered to CNET to make some... corrections on this matter.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good post. Now I'm waiting for a response.
atsmile.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #35 of 42
I know that this's a little off topic, but just my opinion here: My KSC35 (clip on) sounds better than their top of the line phone Beats Studio (full size) which's $350. Or at least, it's my preference
wink.gif

However, if I were choose between these 2, I'd choose the Dr Dre. Why? Simple. I can sell them to those crazy fanboy/girl and get the big money
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously we are quick to laugh at this head to head review. I will say though the review is actually pretty useful to the average consumer.

Whereas a conscientious editor would have actually told them to avoid this overpriced pair and go for something better value.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is pointless. CNET is comparing two recognizable mid-fi consumer products. Whats wrong with that?

What's wrong is that instead of bothering to actually present some useful information about the options available at that price point to their sizable readership, they've taken the lazy route and done the comparison of the (crappy, overpriced) mass-market phones that (sadly) most people would have ended up buying anyway.

This will just reinforce their decision to purchase the Blose instead of something actually worth the asking price. What service does that provide to their readers? None. I would argue that the article is worse than pointless; it's actually a dis-service.

This is like Car & Driver reviewing only the Chevy Cobalt and Nissan Sentra among compact cars and recommending the Sentra because it's the better of the 2. That's great and all, except there are a dozen or more better cars for similar money.

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #39 of 42
^^Perfectly put.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #40 of 42
I just love these kinds of threads. Instead of informing the masses with far better audio gears, they just feed them yet again with the mainstream stuff. No point in reading such articles at all.

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #41 of 42
funneh thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back