Private message is messed up lately
Dec 10, 2014 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

CADCAM

Headphoneus Supremus
So when I go to my messages they are old and not updated. Going to sent folder then back sometimes fixes this but only sometimes. I just replied to a message and sent it but it doesn't show up. Happens at home and work. What's up?

Dec 11, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 8
That didn't do it. Went into Chrome and deleted all history associated with Head-Fi. Went to private messages on the site and they are still old and not current.

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 8
Yes, happening here too. I deleted some older messages but they seem to be back. My new messages though do not appear...

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 8
  That didn't do it. Went into Chrome and deleted all history associated with Head-Fi. Went to private messages on the site and they are still old and not current.

This really sounds like a caching issue, and I'm adding this information to the ticket.  But, just to be clear -- Did you delete your browsing history or clear the browser's cache? From your post, it sounds like you deleted the browsing history, and that won't remedy the issue if it's a caching issue.

If you visit https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en, it gives steps on how to clear your cache.  Make sure that the following is checked:

Once you do so, make sure to shut Chrome down completely, and restart the browser.

I'd also try turning off google sync and clear the cache on other devices you may be using, to make sure nothing is getting sync'd back over.  I had an issue semi-recently where that was the only way to fix a Chrome bookmark syncing issue, so the same thought may be applicable here.

Let me know if the above works to remedy the issue, and I'll add the information to the ticket.

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 8
That may have done it...so I need to delete my history in order to keep my messages current at Head-Fi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back