Printing Digital Photo???
Mar 5, 2004 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
I know there's some head-fiers doing digital photography. My question are:
1. Where do you print your photo and How much it cost you? (Currently I'm looking at ofoto.com and adorama.com which offer the same price 29cent/pic. Don't know about the quality though.
2. Do you edit your photo before you send it to them or do they edit it for you?
3. If you edit it yourself, What program do you use to edit and organize your photo?

Thank's guys.

Mar 5, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't print my photos but I do a bit of photo editing.

2. I edit them myself because I don't see how another person can edit it for you if you're not dictating what you'd like to see right beside them. It depends on what you want to edit. The most common things are cropping and some color/brightness/contrast corrections.

3. It's too expensive for normal use but I use Photoshop CS. Paint Shop Pro 8 is a cheap alternative. http://www.jasc.com

Mar 5, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 8
Adorama does a very good job with a decent turn-around time. I do all my editing with PaintshopPro first, and then send off the files to be printed. I've used Photoshop as well in some web design/publishing classes, and its a great program, but too expensive for me especially when PSP has most of the same tools for less than half the price of Photoshop.

Mar 6, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 8
I print my own photo's. Excellent results.

I use photoshop + psp with various raw conversion programs.

Mar 6, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I don't print my photos but I do a bit of photo editing.

2. I edit them myself because I don't see how another person can edit it for you if you're not dictating what you'd like to see right beside them. It depends on what you want to edit. The most common things are cropping and some color/brightness/contrast corrections.

3. It's too expensive for normal use but I use Photoshop CS. Paint Shop Pro 8 is a cheap alternative. http://www.jasc.com

Photoshop CS rocks.

Mucho added features for digital photography.

I edit the crap out of my pictures. I'm a lazy photographer.
tongue.gif

Also, if you really get into photography, you should look into color calibration of your set up. If the photo looks nothing like what's on your screen, it's a waste of time.

-Ed

Mar 6, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 8
I print my own most of the time.
I have had good luck with Sony Imagestation for prints, and they aren't very expensive.
I have Jasc Paintshop Pro 7. Being the computer clutz that I am, I don't have much luck with it. When I print photos, I use the print program that came with my Canon camera. It works very well.

Mar 6, 2004 at 8:18 AM Post #8 of 8
I use canon camera and printer. Most of the time I simply connect the camera to the printer and print directly from my camera.

If necessary, I'd use PS Elements to do some editing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back