Printing business cards
Feb 2, 2005 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone have any experience printing up business cards? I've got some sheets I found laying around, perforated, Avery 8376. 2x3.5" cards. The design is here (PSD, 609KB), if anyone's interested.

What I mainly need help in is finding a template. I tried making one of my own, but it didn't work out too well. Googling didn't turn up much, either.

If I get a decent amount of customers, I'm going to just have some professionally printed and save myself the headache, but for now, this will have to do.

Feb 2, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 26
Sorry, I can't download your design while I'm at work, but I presume yours is some sort of computer business? I would just bite the bullet and have them done. I just did a quick google for business card and I found this place that will print up 250 cards for $19.99. You can't beat that and it will look MUCH more professional IMO.

Feb 2, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 26
Agree. Nothing screams 'Fly-By-Night Operation' louder than that Avery pre-perf'd card stock. Trust me, I've tried it
eek.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 26
I agree as well, have your cards printed or you will find yourself not being taken seriously. At the studio we just printed new ones yesterday actually, 4 color both sides, I'm excited to see them in print next week.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Feb 2, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 26
Alright; printed it is. I suppose you're right, it does look better if it's done right the first time. At least it won't cost too much - my design is one color, excluding black. I like minimalism.

As for Vista Print, doesn't look bad, but you have to get 'Premium' level to have their logo removed - which bumps it up to $19.99 for 250, plus $4.99 to upload my image. Still not too bad. Lot better than some of the local print shops in Asheville - cheapest I found was $80 for 500.

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 26
I'm at AB Tech right now, and Eye of Gnome (it's a Linux class - we use Red Hat) won't open it. I'll check it out when I get home, though.

Incidentally, know where I could get a better Pi image? I don't even remember where I found that one - and it's in pretty crappy shape. That was after tons of cleanup work on the edges.

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #11 of 26
Whoa... that looks awesome. I guess I never thought about trying something like that. I've done similar things for T-Shirts, but never thought about doing it on a business card...

Sure you don't want some money?
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #13 of 26
A desktop publisher program, such as Publisher, etc, usually has a business card template which can print out good results on "non-perferated" business card stock. Results can be quite good and it makes a decent alternative for small numbers of cards.

That being said it is probably best to have them professionally printed.

Card looks good ... good luck with the printing ... Gord.

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #15 of 26
I just got some cards from vista-print, and they look real nice, and they took about a week and a half to get to my house.
I'd recommend them, the cards are high quality. I got the glossy faced ones, so i'm not sure how the regular ones would look...
as for the pi, you could probably find a font that has the pi character, and use that, since it'll look good at any size...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back