Printing a giant poster? 8X10 to make a giant poster?
Oct 6, 2008 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jumpinjohn1234

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, Im trying to print a poster using my at home printer. Basically the idea is that a printer will print parts of a giant picture on regular size paper for you to put the puzzle together to make a large picture.

I know theres program out there to do this, are there any free programs that can help me out with this.

I know theres rasterbator.com that does it for you, but it only prints "dots" to create the image, Id prefer a full detailed print.

I have photoshop CS3 but have no idea, any help?

thanks

Oct 6, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 6
You could cut the pic up in Photoshop using the crop tool, then print each part on a separate sheet. Cut away the white and fit it together. Don't know of anything that does that for you, but that method won't take too long.

Or you could go to a local print shop and print it nice and big on a single sheet. It'd cost more, but would look really nice (as long as you have a high enough resolution).

edit - Oh, if that's 8 - 10 feet... that's pretty big. Crop tool might take a little while
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 6
Download the rasterbator software and set the dot size to 1mm. It will take a much much longer time to compile the image, but the quality will be very very good. Rasterbated images look good at distance with large dot size but the closer you get the more the image breaks up, when you impose a very small size on the maximum dot diameter the effect is radically mitigated. I've had good results with 10ft by 10ft printouts at 3mm dot size.

Oct 6, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 6
The rasterbator software mentioned above is awesome for what you are looking for. Make sure that you use a good printer and for even better quality use photo paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back