Princess Mononoke - Symphonic Suite
Feb 4, 2002 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently picked this up and I think it's better than the original soundtrack. I highly recommend this CD for anyone who likes movie soundtracks.

60478639.jpg

Feb 4, 2002 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I think I still like the original soundtrack better, in terms of flow. Also the Symphonic Suite doesn't have the vocal songs, not surprisingly. But it's still an awesome CD, and it's a somewhat cleaner recording than the original soundtrack.

Feb 5, 2002 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 4
I usually love any and all symphonic versions of anime or gaming soundtracks. I'll have to keep any eye out for this one.

If I remember there wasn't even that many vocal songs in the original CD, at least not in the U.S. version...the one track that was a vocal was very short. There's definitely longer vocal versions of the theme song both in English and Japanese out there, as I have MP3s of the vocals. I wonder if they're on the imported Japanese version of the soundtrack, which costs like $30. The tracks are all titled in Japanese though so not much of a way to tell.

Feb 8, 2002 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, I picked up this CD today...and wow, it's very very nice. It takes some of the better, more prominent pieces from the original CD (which already sounded very beautiful) and injects new life into them. More dynamic, more lifelike (the warmth and fullness that's usually associated with symphonies), with slight twists to make things sound better, such as a new note here and there. I prefer this CD to the original as I felt the original had a lot of filler tracks that were short stop gaps to the really major tracks of the soundtrack. Which in turn made the original soundtrack seem too short. The tracks on this CD are all between 5-7 mins long. Definitely a recommended CD, especially if you have the original one and know who/what Princess Mononoke is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back