Princess Mononoke Symphonic Suite
Aug 21, 2001 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 5
It's great. Not much more to say
biggrin.gif
While you're at it, try the Akira soundtrack, and the Ghost in the Shell soundtrack... shoot, i'm an ex-otaku (anime-geek), so i could go on forever
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2001 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 5
It's a beautiful CD...it's recommended about as much as the Gladiator soundtrack. Joe Hisaishi does SUCH a good job as the director. Now what I really recommend is watching the movie (which is VERY good, rare is the anime movie with a moral behind it, the other being Grave of the Fireflies), then you'll truly understand what's going on behind the music.

Aug 22, 2001 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 5
<rant> Well, rare is the new anime movie with a moral. Look back into pre-1994 anime and you'll discover something completely different from the pokemon/burnupW/X-1999 meaningless crap that is popular today in america and japan. </rant> Breathe in... breathe out...
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2001 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Ah, I really need to get that CD, thank you very much for reminding me. And Grave of the Fireflies... absolutely incredible movie. If anybody believes that anime isn't a serious art form, show them this movie. After they get done crying, they will believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back