prince SMOKES the solo for "wmggw" (youtube)
Oct 5, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 29
dang....i had no idea the little guy could shred like that.

Oct 6, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 29
Not news to me, he's been a great guitarist (and BTW he plays PLENTY of other instruments) for many years.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 29
My favorite part of that is at the very end how he takes the guitar off, tosses it into the air and just struts off stage. And just like Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Story, Prince CAN ball with the best of them. Crazy man.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 29
It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, the man is one of the finest musicians of our time.

Oct 6, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #10 of 29
I saw Prince open for the Rolling Stones in the 80's.
He got booed and drinks and food thrown at him the whole set.
He never missed a beat, ducking and dodging stuff the whole time.

Oct 6, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator
Can anyone recommend a good Prince album to start with?

Prince has multiple personalities, each is very different. I'd suggest buying the greatest hits, and finding which style of his jives with you the most

Scott

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #12 of 29
here's a better rip - yep the linked one in the OP drops out a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ND7wSZj-L0

is it a crime that i had to find a version that sounded good with the STAX Lambda Pros on?
evil_smiley.gif

You can't avoid "Purple Rain" if you're going to get into Prince, so you might as well grab it first. "Let's Go Crazy" has an insane solo at the end, so pony up to this player!

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
dang....i had no idea the little guy could shred like that.

I wouldn't particularly call it shred, but I do like the emotion that he put into it. He did an excellent job with the solo. I'm gonna have to go look for that greatest hits album now.

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #14 of 29
I have always been a Prince fan. The guy is incredible in every sense of the word. He is truly gifted. I saw him in concert and I was blown away. I have seen some good shows, but Prince is at the top.

Ed

does anyone know if/where you can buy this song/album?

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #15 of 29
btw he did that all on a Tele. that's pure technique there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back