Pricing Info for Gilmore Lite
Jan 19, 2010 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Chiboy

100+ Head-Fier
I spent a bunch of time on this forum a few years ago, and it helped me immensely. I ended up with ER-4s, Alessandro MS-1s and a Gilmore Lite. I figure I got off easy.
normal_smile .gif

Unfortunately, my listening habits have changed and I haven't used the Gilmore Lite in over a year. I tend to listen to my 64 GB iPod Touch in bed (where I used to use an iRiver CD player and the Gilmore Lite). I realized I should get this, and probably the custom interconnects I got here, into hands that would get more use from them. In doing a quick search, it seems like the GL is still well thought of, but I can't get a read on prices. The ads I have found are all sold, and the asking price has been edited to say, "Sold."

Can anyone give me an idea what to ask for? The amp is like new in every respect. If this is the wrong forum to ask this, I apologize in advance and will move this to wherever I am told this belongs. This is not a troll for offers, as I will be more than happy to put an ad in the For Sale section once I get an idea of prices.

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 27
I don't know what the DPS unit is, so I'm guessing I don't have it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 27
It's the separate power supply in a matching enclosure. You probably don't have it
tongue.gif

Don't forget that the Gilmore Lite is now $499. You could price it similarly to what you paid and see if anyone jumps.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by keithdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be interested, but I certainly can't help you price it. I don't even know what I'd be willing to pay! As has been said, it is going for $499 now, and if it is in good shape you could probably sell it for, as said, what you paid--maybe even a little more??

I know I will certainly keep an eye out for it!
wink.gif

I got mine for $315, so whoever buys it at $450 is getting a pretty unfortunate deal.

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 27
Well who would? 50 more for a new one? So what if you have to wait a bit? I'd just head down that route.

I also don't approve of people selling a current production item for more than they paid. It's just.. . not very community like.

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy crap, how much did the GLite use to go for? I think I paid around 500 for a limited edition with DPS, new.

You have the black version???

And I'm pretty sure that GLite w/out DPS generally is about $300-350. With the DPS it goes up much higher, because it's discontinued and highly sought after.

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have the black version???

And I'm pretty sure that GLite w/out DPS generally is about $300-350. With the DPS it goes up much higher, because it's discontinued and highly sought after.

Had. I sold it due to lack of use :S

Guess I'm regretting it now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back