Pricejapan HELP!!
May 22, 2008 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Sina

New Head-Fier
PriceJapan.com

ok im paying through paypal via a norwegian visa credit card.

now if you read

2) payment by credit card via Paypal to our another account: order@pricejapan.com
* Paypal does NOT distinguish 'debit card' from credit card. All payment from debit card is regarded as credit card payment.

and then further down it says: * Please never send credit card payment to our cash only Paypal account: mail@pricejapan.com
If so, we will deny it unconditionally. Customers not living in USA will lose 4-5% of the amount in this process,
because Paypal will take very high currency exchange fee.
Unless you have already Paypal's money in your account or have US bank account linked to Paypal account,
You should pay the amount of credit card payment to order@pricejapan.com in all cases.

so when i want to send money what should the "to:" part be?

order@pricejapan.com or mail@pricejapan.com ?

thanks

May 22, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 21
Credit card fee of paypal USD 12
USD Total USD 358
In this case, please send USD 358 to our paypal account, info@pricejapan.com

??????? so its not order@pricejapan.com ?

im really confused. also it says they only accept dollars. I have a norwegian visa card, does that mean i wont be able to pay? does paypal somehow convert the money to dollars? what should i do?

please help!

May 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 21
Your screwed man. What did you do to get sent to Norway?

On the lighter side of things- PayPal will do the conversions and charge a fee. I don't know for sure but would imagine they convert all forms of currency except for Nigerian Travelers Checks.

It’s all automatic and painless. The important part is missing- What Are You Buying?

Good Luck Mitch

May 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 21
im just so confused.

Im buying the Denon AH-D2000 headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Also all i did was to signup at paypal. but on pricejapan it says that you must have verified, and that it takes 1-2 weeks.

its seems all so stupid. I can buy in Norway no problem but its 500 dollars!! the company itself gives it for 350, and its distributor in Norway gives it for 500. unbelievable. I wish someone from Norway could buy it from the internet and then id pay him face-to-face.

May 22, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 21
I believe not being verified means it just takes longer for the payment to clear? Kind of like an eCheck which takes a few days.

I believe PriceJapan is just making sure the funds are deposited and cleared before shipping the item.

So if you order it it will just take a few days more.

With a Verified Account the account is linked back to the credit card and more secure since it supposedly verifies your billing/shipping address.

Good Luck. I bought some L3000 from PriceJapan a few years ago and it was a perfect transaction. It only took 3 days for delivery from Japan to the USA.

Mitch

May 22, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 21
I would order straight from Amazon.com instead, they have them for 221usd. Sorely tempted myself.... but i will go for ibasso d2 first ...
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, it is just as well to get yourself a verified paypal account as you will probably need it later anyway for stuff you will find on ebay.

Greetings from a fellow Norwegian.

May 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #9 of 21
yea thats f'ed up isnt? but ill be back in norway in like 25 days, and i guess there are probably other sites that can ship to norway. Just wanted to have it sooner
smily_headphones1.gif

Its my cousins credit card (wont need that paypal account in the future), and im in a sanctioned country according to paypal and so i cant access it. Just a lot of trouble, but i guess the Denon's are worth the wait! hehe

May 22, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #10 of 21
Just go to Hifiklubben and pay the 2498,- NOK. When you add the postage and the chance of mva/costums fees the extra money you spend will be worth it for the local 5 year warrenty.
And no waiting..

May 22, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 21
So let us do some math:
Yogi comp(ebay) Denon D2000 usd282 incl shipping to Norway. Custom conversion rate today: 1usd=nok5,00
Vat in Norway: 25%
Custom clearance at the post: approx 200,-
(282*5)+25%=1762,50
+CC:200
Total cost delivered:1962,5
Saving of 535,50/USD107,1
Is that a worthwhile saving when you lose out on the 5 year warranty?
If yes, go buy on ebay, if no, go to the Klubb and get your headphones there.

May 22, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #13 of 21
According to Norwegian Consumer laws, if something is supposed to last longer than2 years, you have a 5 year warranty. Headphones of that class is in my opinion supposed to last longer than 2 years.
Real world, bought a washing machine from the local Dixon(elkjøp), had to have it repaired a few times, and after three years it broke again for the same thing the third time. I had all the papers, sent it to the shop with reference to the legal text. Got a reply a few weeks later
tongue.gif
lease bring your washing machine for a full refund, and if I were to buy something in their shop for the money, home delivery included.
Nokia lost a case in the High Court, and we now have a legal precedent with warranty 5 years for mobile phones as well.

May 23, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #15 of 21
5 years included in price.
I just had a 3 years old 5800,- NOK Tissot watch fixed free of charge. They wanted 2000,- NOK to fix it until I refered to the consumer law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back