Price alert for australians, the xba's are now very cheap.
Dec 24, 2012 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rangotherabbit

New Head-Fier
Basically the xba-3's are $150 and the xba-4's are $200 at harvey norman right now... Thats cheaper than ebay!
Its worth getting them for that price, i got the xba-4's and I'm very satisfied with them.
Although does anyone even want the xba's anyway? They seem very unpopular in australia, my "local" audiphile store stopped stocking them for that reason.

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 8
That's a good deal! I think there're still around $250 at amazon. Do you guys pay more for headphones down there because everything has to be shipped in?

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 8
That's a good deal! I think there're still around $250 at amazon. Do you guys pay more for headphones down there because everything has to be shipped in?

Usually we do man, pay more in Straya! Check out how much Jaben Straya wants for the TF10!

http://www.jaben.com.au/collections/ultimate-ears/products/ue-tf10

I've seen the XBA series on special here at Harvey Norman, they just don't interest me. "too mainstream" IMO. :xf_eek:

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #5 of 8
Harvey Norman set up Headphone bars in all their stores and changed them after only a couple of months (Domayne did the same). I went into my local Gold Coast stor in October and was looking at various iems when the guy in charge of that section approached me. As a result I got to listen to the XB4As and the Klipsch X10is. The Sony's were going for about $450 and the Klipsch for just $350. Within a month the bar had been reduced in size and while both the Klipsch and the Sony's were there they weren't prominent.

Based on this I'd say that Harvey Norman's have got a lot of stock to get rid of so if you want them then go for it. The major issue for these sellers is that they can't compete with Ebay etc as people look for the cheapest price. Domayne had the excellent Denon D5000s for audition but they were selling for a ludicrous $1100. Add $200 and you've got yourself a genuine pair of Sennheiser HD800s from an Asutralian online dealer. So yes, whatever the issue, electronic gear is so overpriced in this country that many of us buy off shore.

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Yea that's right, I was in Bondi and walked into the Harvey Norman "Headphone Bar" they tried to charge me full price for an XBA-2 ($249) and I just said nah, at which point he offered it to me for $98. I ended up buying it for a friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back