Pretty pictures
Nov 13, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 40
So many of those use HDR, and everything looks pretty with some HDR applied
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #6 of 40
Some examples of HDR images from this fall.

101980729-L.jpg

101980752-L.jpg

106254981-L.jpg

These are composed of 3-5 images, shot from +2 stops to -1 or -2 stops. This captures details in both highlights and shadows. The images are then merged in PS. PS uses the exif data to determine how the images are blended.

The technique is mainly suitable for scenes that don't move, since everything must remain in perfect registration.

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Cool.

Thanks for edumacating me.

I had a go at your photo, but I don't think it worked out. I need to read up on HDR.

cheerleader.jpg

@Beerguy0, nice work! Lovely.

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
...i don't know.

those pictures look unrealistic and fake - not my style.

I disagree. If anything, it looks closer to how we actually see it.

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #14 of 40
When I saw the photos in the OP I knew there had to be some sort of photographic technique involved. When a low resolution jpeg looks better than what the actual first hand experience would have been, then there is something amok.

That said, I've now got one as my desktop picture. Which replaces the old man headphones picture that's been there for months.

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
what!? There is something wrong with your eyes sir.

No. The human eye has a MUCH higher dynamic range than any piece of film or digital sensor. An HDR image allows one to create an image that more closely resembles how the human eye would perceive the dynamic range of the scene.

When I look at a sunset, for example, I can clearly make out both the sun, and the foreground. However, if I pointed my camera at a sunset, the foreground would be completely black. An HDR image would allow me to create an image with both the sun and the foreground properly exposed. Or I could just use a graduated neutral density filter. But whatever, you get what I'm saying. (I hope.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back