Pretty new in audiophile world, I got Fidelio x1, Fiio E6, titanium HD, BUT HOW TO CONNECT THEM PROPERLY
Feb 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Harghan

Head-Fier
Hello

I am pretty new in the audiophile world, and, seriously this is very complicated to understand everything.
So there is my problem.

I have:

Fidelio x1 Received today

A Creative Titanium HD

A Fiio e7 for dac/amp portable

Galaxy note 2 for Portable source.

OK, i got a good stuff i think, but now i have to connect them, but i need some help to do that properly, since i have some setup.

Setup 1: At home

I will be on my computer for gaming & music :

I will have my fidelio X1 Connected to the fiio e7 with:

-the v-moda boompro
-the splitter given with the v-moda boompro  Question 1: should i keep the splitter of the v-moda boompro, or change it ?

the fiio E7 and the Titanium HD will be linked with a cable RCA (tita side for DAC) TO JACK 3.5 (fiio e7 side for AMP)

Question 2: Will i feel a difference in the sound quality if i buy a cable like this one:

http://www.amazon.fr/Valueline-CABLE-406-C%C3%A2ble-st%C3%A9r%C3%A9o-Femelles/dp/B000BN6KSC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392049381&sr=1-1&keywords=rca+to+jack

or this one

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5597&seq=1&format=2

or  this one

http://www.amazon.fr/Hama-00080865-C%C3%A2ble-jack-RCA/dp/B003587KGG/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392049381&sr=1-11&keywords=rca+to+jack

Question 3 : IF YES at the question 2, which cable you would you recommand for the best value/quality (you can link me another links that the one i proposed, but i need a shipping avaible in france)

Now, i am in intense game on Bf4, i am destroying ennemy team  with my badass Fidelio x1 etc. THEN BAM my fiio e7 have no more battery i have to quickly remplace it.

Question 4: Is this is a good alternative for my connection between cable:
http://www.amazon.fr/Adaptateur-Coupleur-3-5mm-st%C3%A9reo-femelle/dp/B007PCMKG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392050508&sr=8-1&keywords=coupleur+3.5
Or it will completely ruin the audio quality, IF YES, what are the alternatives ?

QUESTION 5: I use a splitter (sound part) to connect my Headphone to the fiio e7 which it is itself connected to the rca of the titanium HD What happens if i connect my splitter (mic part) to the Jack MIC of the titanium hd, and what happens if i connect my splitter (mic part) to the Front panel
will it works ? or is there any better alternatives ?

Setup 2: Outside

I have my galaxy note 2 / fiio e7 and the fidelio x1

My fidelio x1 will be connected to the fiio e7 with: the vmoda cable only

And my fiio e7 will be connected to the galaxy note 2: with an OTG micro usb male (galaxy note 2 side) to the Mini usb male (fiio e7)  so the DAC/AMP of the fiio e7 will be used.

Question 6: it is the best solution or there is better alternatives ?
Question 7: Where can i find OTG micro usb male to mini usb male which will be smaller than 50cm?

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 9
  Question 2: Will i feel a difference in the sound quality if i buy a cable like this one:

(from one newb to other)

i think you won't notice the difference because :

1 - you have no prior experience. no?

2 - your ears might not be attuned to spot the differences(only if 1 is true).

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 9
I'll give a couple of these questions a shot:

Question 1: should i keep the splitter of the v-moda boompro, or change it ?

If you are using the microphone for gaming then you should use the supplied Vmoda cable.  When you are listening to music I would change it back to the stock cable unless you can't hear any difference between the two.

Your DAC/Amp should be connected to your source via USB to get the most out of it.  You don't have to spend a huge amount of money on USB cables especially since you are using an inexpensive DAC.  A lot of people recommend the Belkin Gold Series Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable.  Here is a discussion here on Head-fi about that cable:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/481017/replace-kimber-usb-with-a-commercially-manufactured-cable

QUESTION 5: I use a splitter (sound part) to connect my Headphone to the fiio e7 which it is itself connected to the rca of the titanium HD What happens if i connect my splitter (mic part) to the Jack MIC of the titanium hd, and what happens if i connect my splitter (mic part) to the Front panel
will it works ? or is there any better alternatives ?

If you use your Titanium HD sound card then you will have to get an RCA to mini cable to connect it to your Filo E7.  I would test the Titanium by itself and compare it to using it with the E7 as an amp.  Sometimes the simplest connection path is the best.  Since you are using it for gaming I would leave the E7 out of the chain and use the Titanium HD card for headphone out and microphone in.  I don't think the E7 will pass microphone information back to the source but I could be wrong.  That VModa cable is designed to be used inline directly to an iPhone or Android type device.  The more splitters and cables you put in the path the more degraded the signals will become (as a general rule).  You will of course need to adapt the 3.5 mini connectors from the VModa splitter to full size headphone (or whatever connection is used on the sound card - I can't tell from the specs).  The mini to full size adapters are generally pretty good and since you are gaming and using the microphone I wouldn't be too worried about trying to reveal every musical nuance.

A lot of what you are asking will just involve testing out the different scenarios unless someone on this forum has done it already.  I hope I helped clarify or was able to help you narrow your questions down to more bit sized chunks so that someone with gaming experience can answer.

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 9
1]
Your DAC/Amp should be connected to your source via USB to get the most out of it.  You don't have to spend a huge amount of money on USB cables especially since you are using an inexpensive DAC.  A lot of people recommend the Belkin Gold Series Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable.  Here is a discussion here on Head-fi about that cable:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/481017/replace-kimber-usb-with-a-commercially-manufactured-cable

2]
If you use your Titanium HD sound card then you will have to get an RCA to mini cable to connect it to your Filo E7.  I would test the Titanium by itself and compare it to using it with the E7 as an amp.  Sometimes the simplest connection path is the best.  Since you are using it for gaming I would leave the E7 out of the chain and use the Titanium HD card for headphone out and microphone in.  I don't think the E7 will pass microphone information back to the source but I could be wrong.  That VModa cable is designed to be used inline directly to an iPhone or Android type device.  The more splitters and cables you put in the path the more degraded the signals will become (as a general rule).  You will of course need to adapt the 3.5 mini connectors from the VModa splitter to full size headphone (or whatever connection is used on the sound card - I can't tell from the specs).  The mini to full size adapters are generally pretty good and since you are gaming and using the microphone I wouldn't be too worried about trying to reveal every musical nuance.

A lot of what you are asking will just involve testing out the different scenarios unless someone on this forum has done it already.  I hope I helped clarify or was able to help you narrow your questions down to more bit sized chunks so that someone with gaming experience can answer.

1] Well i just want to know if between quality RCA cable and premium cable, we should ear a difference ?

2] i'm going to try that :) But i think the fact that the Jack of the titanium HD have a high resistance could play with the quality

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 9

1] Well i just want to know if between quality RCA cable and premium cable, we should ear a difference ?

2] I'm going to try that :) But i think the fact that the Jack of the Titanium HD have a high resistance could play with the quality

I'm not into in paying high prices for cables that may or may not improve the audio quality.
But I do like buying the Monoprice "Premium" cables, as they do not cost that much more then the "regular" cables.

Technically the 30-Ohm Philips Fidelio X1 headphones would not work it's best when plugged into the Titanium-HD's headphone output with it's 35-Ohm impedance.
But it still might work well enough for when your gaming.
You might consider getting an O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier, there is a place in the UK that sells it for 99 GBP.

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 9
  I'm not into in paying high prices for cables that may or may not improve the audio quality.
But I do like buying the Monoprice "Premium" cables, as they do not cost that much more then the "regular" cables.

Technically the 30-Ohm Philips Fidelio X1 headphones would not work it's best when plugged into the Titanium-HD's headphone output with it's 35-Ohm impedance.
But it still might work well enough for when your gaming.
You might consider getting an O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier, there is a place in the UK that sells it for 99 GBP.

Well, 30$ import fee for a single cable from monoprice :/ i just can't
And for the O2, well i have already my E7

And yeah for gaming, the Jack is no problems, but for music i want the best ?
Rca for tita DAC => fiio E7 Jack for amp => X1 ?

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 9
  Hello
I am pretty new in the audiophile world, and, seriously this is very complicated to understand everything.
So there is my problem.

Setup 2: Outside

I have my galaxy note 2 / fiio e7 and the fidelio x1
My fidelio x1 will be connected to the fiio e7 with: the vmoda cable only

And my fiio e7 will be connected to the galaxy note 2: with an OTG micro usb male (galaxy note 2 side) to the Mini usb male (fiio e7)  so the DAC/AMP of the fiio e7 will be used.

Question 6: it is the best solution or there is better alternatives ?
Question 7: Where can i find OTG micro usb male to mini usb male which will be smaller than 50cm?

Ans 6: Yes that's the best solution. In Note 2 turn on dock audio from setting.
Ans 7: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHN9CMO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back