Pretty in Black - Thorens TCD 2000
Mar 31, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
$1k and change.

I'm still debating with myself, whether I should tell you how much these were, when they were on sale-out over here. Was yours new or nos?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #17 of 19
that would be the perfect transport to marry with my Melos pre-amp and DAC-ah! Black and Gold and worthy of the Sith!

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie
Does it play with the top up?

No, The cover closes automatically in 30 seconds, or when you press Play. The CD looks like a mini lp as it spins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
I'm still debating with myself, whether I should tell you how much these were, when they were on sale-out over here. Was yours new or nos?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

lini ... go ahead and spill the beans if you like, or if you want to save me embarassment, shoot me a PM. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Thorens dumped them cheaply as they closed out the CD line. As mentioned in OP, I bought on looks and perceived future rarity. This one is as new, but not NOS as there was no box or manual included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
that would be the perfect transport to marry with my Melos pre-amp and DAC-ah! Black and Gold and worthy of the Sith!

Good call, Jahn, it certainly is a looker. As Jason (jjcha) pointed out, it would be killer with classic McIntosh gear as well.

Mar 31, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #19 of 19
"Lively and forward. Perhaps a little too lively and forward!"

That's my kind of coloration.

Every weakness they list seems like something I'd enjoy! Seems like it could be good for hard rock/metal.

Post back with some thoughts, hope you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back