Pretty impossible to find.
Sep 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

acvtre

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm searching for a particular portable headphone, similar to the sennheiser pmx200. It has to isolate, I travel by train, to be comfortable and I'd like to have a bigger driver than the tipical IEM. A sort of isolating clip-on with a really good SQ. I don't like the neckband and I would use them also for running.
I listen to every kind of music, I've got a cowon D2 and an ibasso p3+.
The price it's not a problem right now.

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 4
Do you want the headphone to isolate actively or passively?

For active portable headphone you could try the JVC HA-NC250. Or Senn's PXC-300. These are portable noise cancellation phones, but not the best. The best ones (like the PCX-450) are however bulky and not recommended for portable use.

Hope this helps!

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 4
AFAIK, clip ons and on-ears generally don't isolate much.

IEMs and closed cans are pretty much the only things that isolate decently. and since you use them for running, closed cans are more or less out. you're looking at headphones only so iems are out too..

hmm. my honest suggestion to you is to get a set of closed cans for commuting and something cheap and durable for running.. to get one thing to do everything well is rather tough...

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by avalanche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you want the headphone to isolate actively or passively?

For active portable headphone you could try the JVC HA-NC250. Or Senn's PXC-300. These are portable noise cancellation phones, but not the best. The best ones (like the PCX-450) are however bulky and not recommended for portable use.

Hope this helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AFAIK, clip ons and on-ears generally don't isolate much.

IEMs and closed cans are pretty much the only things that isolate decently. and since you use them for running, closed cans are more or less out. you're looking at headphones only so iems are out too..

hmm. my honest suggestion to you is to get a set of closed cans for commuting and something cheap and durable for running.. to get one thing to do everything well is rather tough...

I prefer passive isolation.
@ Insomniax: what would you suggest? The sennheiser pxc200 are a sort of clip on and isolates, too. The problem is that sometimes I have to walk through the city so I would prefer something really portable, without a band like the sennheiser hd280 pro even though you can collapse and rotate it. Do you know what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back