Pretty good headphones with pretty good isolation in 2022?
Feb 13, 2022 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
I see this has not been asked for a while. Given new products have entered the market perhaps. Usually like the HD280 and DT770 are mediocre. Is there anything really good? I am not that concerned with the price. Although I am pretty sure there are not going to be any flagships? It needs to keep out my roomates TV that is all. He does not even blast it. The DT770 will provide the isolation but they leave a lot to be desired. To give you an idea what I like it is the PS2KE. It is just not enjoyable with his TV on though. IEM.s are okay too. I am pretty sure good IEM's like Campfire Arana leak like crazy too? Thank you

Feb 13, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Maybe something like a Focal Elegia, LCD-XC. I have the X, have never heard the XC. If you like the Grado, DT1770 might be an option for you.

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #4 of 7
Focal Celestee, Focal Radiance, Aeon Noire.

All three of the above isolate extremely well. My preference leans towards the Radiance. They all have exceptional price to performance ratios especially on the used market.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 7
I’ve got the DT770 250 ohm with leather pads, and just yesterday my 2021 revision LCD-XCs arrived.

I can say after only about three hours of listening, there is a noticeable improvement in everything.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 7
The XC 2021 out performs all three that I mentioned above especially after EQ and they isolate just as well.

Having said that if weight is of concern the XC’s are by far the heaviest headphone I’ve ever owned and I could only listen for 90min sessions at a time.

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you for noticing my other recent posts. I don't know. Perhaps the 1770 if it sounds like Grado. The Stelia is too expensive right now. How about the HD820? I could get refurb if those work. Comfort is utmost. These are my entire life now. My sole source of entertainment. The PS2KE are very heavy but they balance well. Barring the fact that open headphones are nearly useless in my room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back